Our Firm's Process
As Legal Counsel for Colorado Entrepreneurs and Families, Buell & Ezell has created a unique process that ensures each
client receives personalized attention and efficient professional advice. Below are the essential steps each client will take while working with our firm:
Schedule Your Initial Consultation: The first step to personal or business peace of mind is up to you. To schedule a consultation simply give us
a call at 719-444-8900 or complete the “Contact Us” form on the left side of this page.
Complete the appropriate Client Questionnaire: After the consultation is scheduled, you will need to complete the appropriate Client Questionnaire and return it to our office at least three (3) business days prior to our meeting. The Questionnaire does three things:
- allows us to review relevant information in preparation for our meeting,
- saves you from spending your valuable time filling out information in our office on the day of our meeting, and
- saves you money because we don’t have to charge you for our time to obtain the information during the consultation.
PDF forms of the Client Questionnaire for each particular practice area can be found above.
- Personal Law Consultation™ or Business Law Consultation™: A typical Personal Law Consultation™ will last approximately 45 minutes- 1hr for a simple estate and between 1 and 1 ½ hours for a complex estate. A typical Business Law Consultation™ will last approximately 1 hour to 1 ½ hours. The hourly rate of the attorney you meet with will apply to the consultation time, unless of course, you have agreed to a flat fee in advance.
- Document Preparation & Signing Ceremony: We will prepare your legal documents and send you a draft for your review. Upon your
final approval we will schedule a time for you to sign the documents in our office. Once all documents have been signed, your original documents and any additional instructions will be given to you in an organized binder.
- Periodic Reviews of your Estate Plan: Upon your request, we will review your Estate Planning documents and verify that your plan still accomplishes your wishes as
circumstances in your life change. Simply give us a call and we will be glad to review our copy of your documents and make any necessary recommendations.